Stencil is the simple image creation tool I was looking for.
I use Stencil almost every day. The image above was created with Stencil.
Photoshop and Illustrator were always way too complicated for me. And expensive.
But I needed to make a high quality logo with text that didn’t get all pixelated when I zoomed in, so I thought Illustrator was my only option.
Then I remembered I had a lifetime subscription to this thing called Stencil that I bought a while back through AppSumo.
Stencil was exactly what I needed now that I have a website and social media channels.
It’s Like I Could See The Future
Back in 2014 when Stencil was called Share As Image I bought the lifetime deal. I thought it might be good to have an easy way to add text to images, and maybe post those on Facebook for my friends.
Now I actually need Stencil for blog featured images, podcast cover photos, logos and any kind of photo you can think of. Sometimes I just use it to resize images or save JPGs as PNGs.
Here are some of my favourite things about Stencil:
- Fonts: You can upload your own fonts or connect directly to the Google font database so it’s always easy to find the font you need for your image.
- Stock photos: though I mostly use DepositPhotos for my stock images, Stencil has over 1 Million background photos for you to use if you’re making an image from scratch.
- Graphics and icons: There are over 200,000 searchable graphics and icons for when you just need a curvy arrow or a tiny computer icon.
- Upload your own photos: you can upload and store your own backgrounds and photos to be dropped into your image and resized every which way
- Built-in image sizes: Making a Facebook ad? Just choose “Facebook Ad” as your image size. Want to post that on Pinterest? Pick the Pinterest size and move your contents around to fit the tall rectangle that Pinterest loves so much. Custom size not in the Stencil defaults? Add as many as you want and give them names to re-use later.
Quick and Easy Images
These are just some of the things that I like about Stencil, but there are many more options that help you make images really fast and move things around like you would do in any sophisticated image creation or editing software.
It’s all online so you can work on your images from everywhere and save the progress as you go.
Stencil makes my life easier on a daily basis.
Click here to try the free version of Stencil or get the pro version for just $9/month.